|Salary:||£18,525 Pro Rata|
|Location:||Y@H HQ Gloucestershire and virtually from home.|
|Reporting to:||Charity Manager Youth@Heart|
|Hours of working:||22.5 hours per week, working schedule to be agreed with the Charity Manager. (There may be the opportunity to increase to full time subject to funding).|
|Benefits:||Nest Workplace Pension Scheme|
|Holidays:||Statutory Entitlement on a Pro Rata Basis|
|Probationary Period:||3 months|
To provide professional administrative support to Youth@Heart, across the Charity and also support the fundraising and activities planning and administration. This may occasionally involve some evening and weekend work.
Youth@Heart is a small Charity based in Gloucestershire, supporting young people (and their families) aged 15-24 born with complex congenital heart disease (CHD). The support area is across the South West and South Wales. For many, CHD represents a lifelong health issue for which there is no cure. Support for these young people and awareness of this condition has never been more important than during and post a Global Pandemic. You would be joining the team at an exciting time in its development.
Main duties will include:
- Provide support for grant applications and planning for fundraising activities and events.
- Provide planning and administrative support for, and attend occasional fundraising/charity events and exhibitions as required.
- Set up and facilitate administrative support for teams, meetings, newsletters and Charity events as required.
- Provide administrative support and planning for volunteer activities as required.
- Supporting wider communications and engagement supported by the Charity Manager
- Be an ambassador for the Charity developing new business links supported by the Charity Manager
- Welcoming visitors to the charity with warmth, demonstrating the charity’s ethos and ethical values.
- Being responsible for the smooth running of the Charity office, dealing with enquiries by telephone, email, post and social media, and maintaining filing systems, both electronic and hard.
- Liaise with Trustees, key partners, and external organisations to arrange meetings, prepare agendas, collate and distribute papers, draft meeting minutes.
- Provide administrative support for the Charity’s policies.
- Filter telephone calls before passing them to the necessary person. Take and relay accurate and timely messages and answer questions where possible.
- Undertake word processing, electronic communication, telephone communication, filing, printing, and photocopying work as required by the Charity
- Be responsible for the handling and processing of post. Draft and dispatch Charity office correspondence as requested.
- Maintain office supplies and orders, in accordance with Charity procedure.
- To understand, adhere to, and actively implement, all of Youth@Heart policies and procedures.
- To operate and comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018
- To undertake training as required.
- To undertake additional tasks reasonably requested by the Charity Manager and Trustees.
Youth@Heart is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and as such expects all staff and volunteers coming into contact with young people to share this commitment.
As the post covers a large geographical region there will be significant opportunity for virtual working as well as the occasional need for travel. There may be a requirement for some weekend and evening work.
All job descriptions are subject to review. Post holders are expected to be flexible and be prepared to carry out any similar or related duties which do not fall within the work outlined. The Line Manager, in consultation with the post holder will undertake any review.
Please submit a CV and Covering letter of no more than 2 pages detailing how your skills and experience match the roles duties and why you would like to work for us.
Send information through to email@example.com, we look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications is Friday 28th May 2021