We are here if you:
- Need some non-clinical advice or signposting
- Want someone to chat to outside of the family
- Would like a tour of BHI
Whilst your child/young person is in hospital we can visit so you can go off for a well earned break or just a coffee whilst we chat and play games to distract from the institutionalisation of hospital.
We are here to support siblings as much as we are young people with CHD and their parents. CHD affects every member of the family and in different ways. Our team understand that being a sibling of a young person with CHD can be challenging and frightening. We are here to chat, listen to you, and signpost you to any support/advice that may help.
Support can be given as a whole family:
- In the hospital
- Home visits and support in the community for all the family
- Independent Advocacy and active listening.
- Support with difficult conversations within the family, and understanding of the different types of CHD
- Facilitation of/referral to, other charities and organisations for whole family fun activities. Positive experiences to build memories and escape from the daily challenges
It is absolutely crucial that now these services have been established that funding is sourced or made available in order for them to grow."
Explore Youth at Heart
Youth at Heart are a charity committed to young people aged 13-24, and their families, who are living with Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) in South West England and South Wales.
We empower, inform and support them to live their best life.
For young people
We are committed to supporting you as you start your Transition Journey aged 13 and leading up to your Transfer from Paediatrics to Adult Services and beyond, until your 25th birthday.
Youth at Heart is a charity independent from the NHS that works in partnership with health professionals across the South Wales & South West Congenital Heart Disease Network.
Youth at Heart rely on funds being raised through donations, grants, events and activities and for people to get involved to help us carry on our important work.
If you're interested in getting access to our printed materials, please contact us to let us know your name, address and how many posters and leaflets you require.
PB, Young Person
GC, Young Person
SL, Young Person